Filling for Autumn Pumpkin Pie - a low calorie, low fat recipe for pumpkin pie
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute OR 2 egg white and one yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 6 packets of Equal
- 1 tsp of cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 - 12 ounce can of skimmed evaporated milk
Mix pumpkin with eggs then add milk. Mix dry ingredients and carefully add to wet.
Crust - a low calorie, low fat recipe for pumpkin pie
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons of low-fat margarine OR refrigerated butter spray (0 calories type)
- 4 Tablespoons of ice water
- 2 - 9 " pie plates
Combine ingredients, form ball, roll out between two pieces of waxed paper that have been lightly dusted with flour.
Spray pie plate with no-calorie cooking spray and carefully transfer crust. Fill with prepared filling and place into a 425 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and cook for about 30 minutes longer.
Topping - a low calorie, low fat recipe for pumpkin pie
- 1 small container of lite whipped topping
Slice chilled pie and top with the lite topping and a small dusting of cinnamon if desired.
Makes 2 pies, or 16 servings for about 150 calories per slice.